The rise of information technology has led to increased automation of tasks and decisions in many fields. This automation has previously been based on procedural computation: repeating a well-defined sequence of steps at a much higher speed than humanly possible. Recent breakthroughs in reinforcement learning and generative techniques herald a new era of computation, mimicking aspects of human cognition that were previously an exclusive capability of human intuition. Yet, human judgment retains unique strengths beyond the reach of foreseeable technology.
Join us to discuss:
- How different types of computation relate to different aspects of human cognition.
- The comparative advantages of AI versus human discernment.
- The irreplaceable nature of human judgment in certain domains.
- The impact of these developments on AI deployment strategies.
- Strategies for nurturing human skills in a world with AI.