Tech Talk X
Blockchain for Supply Chains: Hype vs Reality
Thursday, 5 November 2020
8AM CET / 3PM SGT
Duration: 60 min
In this TECH TALK X, Dmitry Sumkin and Philippe Blaettchen, both PhD students at INSEAD and Sameer Hasija, INSEAD Professor of Technology and Operations Management will share their research-based perspectives on:
• When and how supply chains can benefit from blockchain?
• When blockchain can be an overkill application?
• And how Distributed Ledger Technologies like blockchain can result in unintended adverse consequences – underscoring the need for a careful analysis over a hurried (bandwagon) adoption.
The discussion will be moderated by Aly Madhavji, Senior Blockchain Fellow at INSEAD.
What to prepare?
To ensure the delivery of an interactive and engaging session, we encourage you to read:
• Building a Transparent Supply Chain, Harvard Business Review, by Vishal Gaur and Abhinav Gaiha, May-June 2020 issue
• Blockchain: Finding the Value Proposition, INSEAD knowledge by Peter Zemsky, December 9, 2019
• How Blockchain Will Redefine Supply Chain Management, knowledge@wharton podcast with Stefan Gstettner, BCG, July 30, 2019
|8.00 – 8.15 AM||Keynote by Sameer Hasija,INSEAD Professor of Technology and Operations Management
|8.15 – 8.45 AM||
|8.45 – 9.00 AM||Q&A by the audience