TECH TALK X
The Fall of Silicon Valley Bank: What comes next?
Tuesday, 21 March 2023
12.00 pm CET
Duration: 60 min
The collapse of Silicon Valley Bank raises questions about the stability of the banking sector as Central Banks around the world continue to raise interest rates to contain inflation. It has also reopened the debate about the role of regulation and whether helping financial institutions in distress is the right policy despite the moral hazard effects it might create. And the fact that this bank was associated to the companies in the tech sector, is yet another negative signal about the state of the sector after the announcements of significant layoffs in many large tech companies. Join INSEAD Professor Antonio Fatas and Huw Van Steenis (MBA95J), Vice Chair & Partner at Oliver Wyman in this TECH TALK webinar as they examine the fall of Silicon Valley Bank and the lessons about the financial and tech sectors.
- What comes after the fall of Silicon Valley Bank? INSEAD Knowledge, 4 April 2023
- History can instruct us on the fallout from SVB’s collapse, Financial Times, 13 March 2023
- Business school instant case: Silicon Valley Bank, Financial Times, 21 March 2023
- Risks and Regulations: The Silicon Valley Bank Collapse, INSEAD Knowledge, 21 March 2023
- Huw van Steenis TEDx on CBDCs, 30 June 2022