Distributed Ledger Business Models:
How to Build Minimal Viable Ecosystems?
Wednesday, 21 October 2020
1PM CET, 7PM SGT
IOTA (an open-source Distributed Ledger Technology designed for the Internet of Things) was one of the hot projects during the crypto boom of 2017. What happened to it since then? Are there new business models around DLT/ blockchain tech now?
This INTHECASE webinar will introduce Wilfried Pimenta de Miranda who worked for IOTA as Director for Business Development in early 2017. We will also discuss the current challenges to startup and scale up distributed ledger enabled businesses and ecosystems together with Sean Kiernan, Chief Executive Officer at DAG Global Holding Ltd and Daniel Cotti, Managing Director at Center of Excellence, Banking & Trade, Marco Polo Network.
This webinar is hosted by INSEAD strategy Professor Andrew Shipilov.
Why attend? What can you learn?
• How did the technological landscape of DLT/blockchain evolve since 2017?
• Has anyone figured out a business model to make money using DLT now?
• Did DLTs live up to their promise now?
• What are the current challenges faced by entrepreneurs when launching DLTs?
• What steps are needed to scale up – beyond showcasing an initial set of use cases?
• How to build digital ecosystems around DLT solutions?
• Whom to collaborate and partner with to explore new data-driven business models, to ensure market pull and sustainability?
• How to work with regulators?
• The New Business Models (and Jobs) in Blockchain by Andrew Shipilov, INSEAD Knowledge, December 2, 2020
• IOTA Foundation: Building a Minimal Viable Ecosystem for Smart Cities accessible on the INSEAD publishing platform.
• Data Security for the Internet of Things by Andrew Shipilov, INSEAD Knowledge, April 19, 2018.
|1.00 – 1.05 PM||Introduction by Andrew Shipilov, Professor of Strategy, INSEAD
|1.05 – 1.20 PM||Keynote by Andrew Shipilov, Professor of Strategy, INSEAD
|1.20 – 1.40 PM||Fireside chat|
|1.40 – 2.00 PM||Panel discussion|
|2.00 – 2.30 PM||Q&A by the audience