This webinar INTHECASE follows E.ON, the German energy utility, on its ‘data’ journey and explores the challenges and lessons encountered while integrating artificial intelligence (AI) into its operations as it prepares for the global ‘energy transition’. Its transformation begins with a process dubbed ‘data evangelisation’ that is designed to advance the company’s data readiness and related organisational changes such as setting up a dedicated supporting unit with a global mandate. Through the Data.ON programme and AI, E.ON takes its capabilities to the next level and develops new solutions in close collaboration with the business.
Why attend? What can you learn from E.ON?
- What does the use of AI imply for a business, particularly in the energy sector?
- How can value be created with AI?
- What are the prospects, barriers and challenges of its adoption?
- How data is transforming the energy sector” by Pál Boza, INSEAD GEMBA ’14 and Theodoros Evgeniou, INSEAD Knowledge, June 29, 2020
- Case study: E.ON: Building a New AI Powered Energy World to download for free.
- For information, research, programmes and other case studies on the areas of analytics, artificial intelligence, and big data for business and society please see here.
|4.00 – 4.10 PM||Introduction and keynote by Theodoros Evgeniou, Professor of Decision Sciences and Technology Management, INSEAD|
|4.10 – 5.00 PM||
Panel discussion with Karsten Wildberger, Member of the Board of Management, E.ON SE and Juan Bernabe Moreno, Chief Data Officer, E.ON. Moderated by Theodoros Evgeniou, Professor of Decision Sciences and Technology Management, INSEAD.
They will be joined by Caroline Zimmermann, Senior Director Data Insights & Analytics, Bertelsmann Music Group and Tero Ojanperä, Chairman, Silo.AI to share their own perspectives on designing and implementing AI solution(s) within their organisation.
|5.00 – 5.30 PM||Q&A with the audience|