- With digital marketing company 1000mercis.com, eLab developed new methodologies to measure the value of different types of customers to organizations. These were based not only on traditional cash flow metrics but also on the value customers for other customers due to network effects, such as word-of-mouth. The outcome of this project provided insights on how companies could better allocate their resources across new initiatives to manage a diverse customer base.
- With Research International (currently Kantar TNS), eLab identified the main challenges faced by firms when using data to become “information intelligence organizations”. Building on diverse research ranging from behavioral economics to organizational studies, and based on interviews with executives in large multinationals, eLab developed a framework to help organizations incorporate data-driven decision making.
- Koçabiyikoglu A., I. Popescu and C. Stefanescu, “Pricing and Revenue Management: The Value of Coordination“, Management Science, Vol. 60 (3), pp. 730-752, 2014
- Toubia, E.Johnson, T. Evgeniou, P. Delquie, “Dynamic Experiments for Estimating Preferences: An Adaptive Method of Eliciting Time and Risk Parameters“, Management Science, 2013
- Evgeniou, V. Gaba, J. Niessing, “Does Bigger Data lead to Better Decisions?“, Harvard Business Reviewblog, October 2013
- Zhang, T Evgeniou, V. Padmanabhan and E. Richard, “Content Contributor Asset Management and Network Effects in a UGC Environment“, Marketing Science, 2012
- Nasiry, J. and I. Popescu, “Advance Selling when Consumers Regret”, Management Science, Vol. 58 (6), 1160-1177, 2012
- Paulo Albuquerque ; Polykarpos Pavlidis ; Kay-Yut Chen ; Udi Chatow and Zainab Jamal, “Evaluating Promotional Activities in an Online Two-Sided Market of User-Generated Content“, Marketing Science 31, N°3, pp 406-432, 2012
- Florin Ciocan and Vivek Farias, “Model Predictive Control for Dynamic Resource Allocation.”, Mathematics Of Operations Research, Vol. 37 No. 3, 2012
- Paulo Albuquerque ; Jun B. Kim and Bart J. Bronnenberg, “Mapping Online Consumer Demand“, Journal of Marketing Research 48, N°1,pp 13-27, 2011
- Pushan Dutt, V. Padmanabhan, “Crisis and Consumption Smoothing”, Marketing Science 30, N°3, pp. 491-512, 2011
- Spyros Zoumpoulis ; O. Patrick Kreidl and John N. Tsitsiklis, “On Decentralized Detection With Partial Information Sharing Among Sensors“, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 59, N°4, pp 1759-1765, 2011
- David Dubois ; Derek D. Rucker and Zakary Tormala, “From Rumors to Facts, and Facts to Rumors: The Role of Certainty Decay in Consumer Communications“, Journal of Marketing Research 48, N°6, 2011
- R. Hauser, O. Toubia, T. Evgeniou, R. Befurt, D. Dzyabura, “Disjunctions of Conjunctions, Cognitive Simplicity and Consideration Sets” (plus Appendix) Journal of Marketing Research, 2010
- Abernethy, T. Evgeniou, O. Toubia, and J.P. Vert, “Eliciting Consumer Preferences using Robust Adaptive Choice Questionnaires”, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 20, n.2, p.145-155, 2008
- Evgeniou and P. Cartwright, “Barriers to Information Management“, European Management Journal, 23, N° 3, 2005